Chevron Clinical Lab, a leading provider of clinical laboratory services, has announced the launch of two new core biopsy tests: USG guided core biopsy and CT guided core biopsy. These tests are used to diagnose a variety of medical conditions, including cancer, by removing small samples of tissue from the body.
USG guided core biopsy is a minimally invasive procedure that uses ultrasound imaging to guide a needle into the area of tissue to be sampled. CT guided core biopsy is a more complex procedure that uses computed tomography (CT) imaging to guide a needle into the area of tissue to be sampled.
Both USG guided core biopsy and CT guided core biopsy are performed under local anesthesia. The procedure typically takes about 30 minutes to complete. Patients may experience some pain and discomfort at the biopsy site, but this usually goes away within a few days.
The results of a core biopsy can help doctors diagnose a variety of medical conditions, including:
- Benign tumors
Core biopsy is a safe and effective procedure that can provide valuable information to help doctors diagnose and treat medical conditions. Chevron Clinical Lab is proud to offer these two new core biopsy tests to our patients.
Benefits of USG Guided Core Biopsy
USG guided core biopsy is a minimally invasive procedure that offers a number of benefits, including:
- Accuracy: USG guided core biopsy is a highly accurate procedure that can provide doctors with a definitive diagnosis in most cases.
- Safety: USG guided core biopsy is a safe procedure with a low risk of complications.
- Convenience: USG guided core biopsy can be performed in a doctor’s office or outpatient setting, which means patients can usually go home the same day.
Benefits of CT Guided Core Biopsy
CT guided core biopsy is a more complex procedure than USG guided core biopsy, but it offers a number of advantages, including:
- Better visualization: CT guided core biopsy uses CT imaging to provide doctors with a more detailed view of the area to be sampled. This can help doctors to obtain more accurate samples and to target difficult-to-reach areas.
- Reduced risk of complications: CT guided core biopsy can reduce the risk of complications such as bleeding and infection.
- Increased diagnostic yield: CT guided core biopsy can increase the likelihood of obtaining a diagnostic sample.
If you are considering a core biopsy, talk to your doctor about which type of procedure is right for you. Chevron Clinical Lab can help you to determine which type of core biopsy is best for your individual needs.